Acts & Rules
Rules 1 to 5 of Right to Information Rules, 2012, notified by Government of India Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions (Department of Personnel and Training) vide notification dated 31st July, 2012 are reproduced below:-
- Short title and commencement-
- These rules may be called the Right to Information Rules, 2012.
- They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
- Definitions – In the rules, unless the context otherwise requires-
- 'Act' means the Right to Information Act, 2005 (22 of 2005);
- "Commission" means the Central Information Commission constituted under sub-section (1)of section 12 of the Act.
- "First Appellate Authority" means an officer in the public authority who is senior in rank to the Central Public Information officer to whom an appeal under sub-section (1) of section 19 of the Act lies;
- "Registrar" means an officer of the Commission so designated and includes an Additional Registrar, Joint Registrar and Deputy Registrar;
- "Section" means a Section of the Act;
- All other words and expressions used herein but not defined in these rules shall have the same meanings assigned to them in the Act.
- A request for obtaining information under sub-section (1) of Section 6 shall be accompanied by an application fee of rupees ten (Rs. 10 ) and shall ordinarily not contain more than five hundred words, excluding annexures, containing address of the Central Public Information Officer and that of the applicant; Provided that no application shall be rejected only on the ground that it contains more than five hundred words
- Fees for providing information under sub-section (4) of Section 4 and sub-section (1) and (5) of Section 7 shall be charged at the following rates:-
- Rupees two (Rs. 2) for each page ( in A-3 size paper or smaller size paper)
- Actual cost or price of a photocopy in a large size paper;
- Actual cost or price for samples or models;
- Rupees fifty per diskette or floppy
- Price fixed for a publication or rupees two per page of photocopy for extracts from the publication
- No fee for inspection of records for the first hour of inspection and a fee of rupees 5 for each subsequent hour or fraction thereof; and
- The postal charges beyond Rs. 50/- for supply of information only shall be recovered as a fee from the applicant u/s 4(4) & 7(1) & (5).
- No fee under rule 3 and rule 4 shall be charged from any person who is below poverty line provided a copy of the certificate issued by the appropriate Government in this regard is submitted alongwith the application
- Any person aggrieved by the order of FAA or non-disposal of his first appeal has to file the second appeal in a standard format along with all the orders/document with INDEX duly authenticated and verified by the applicant (rule-8).
- The commission shall decide after giving personal hearing to the applicant or through his authorised representative or through video conferencing and shall record the reasons for acceptance/dismissal of appeal
- The commission shall not consider the appeal unless the applicant has availed all remedies available under the act.
- The applicant have to compulsorily file the First Appeal and have to wait for minimum 45 days for the final order, if any, from the FAA, then only he can file Second Appeal(Rule-10(3).
- The appeal shall not be dismissed only on the ground that it is not made in a specified format provided the same is submitted along with all documents stated in rule-8 i.e. RTI application, CPIO reply, First appeal, Order of FAA(Rule-10(3-b).
- The Commission while deciding an appeal shall hear the concerned CPIO and FAA and may receive evidence on affidavits from CPIO and FAA besides calling/inspection of any document of public records (Rule-11)
|DETAILS UNDER RIGHT TO INFORMATION (RTI)
Pursuant to Section 4 (1)(b) of the Right to Information Act, 2005
|1||About the Company/ Organisation|
|2||Decision Making Structure, Process, and Norms|
|3||BoD and its Committees|
|4||Important Rules, Regulations, Manuals, etc. meant for employees/Management|
|5||Key Officials, Directory, and Powers & Duties|
|6||CENTRAL PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICERS|